Saturday, December 31, 2011

Goodbye 2011!

This year has definitely had it's ups and downs.

It started with our tiny preemie baby making the winter long and our life much smaller as we hunkered down and got back to the basics.


Will has been in school part time for the past few years, and this spring and summer were so so busy with his school, life with 4 girls, and major house projects (our new dining room and bathroom!). Will finished up his last class this fall for his AA -- way to go baby!! Now he will get a little break before continuing on for his BA. I'll be glad to have him all to myself in the evenings for a bit.


The fall commenced with Katie starting at CLS and Julia starting kindergarten here at home. That has been a big and new adventure.


My newest nephew Colson was also born in September. And we also have a new niece coming in March (Auntie Ally) and a new nephew coming in May (Auntie Kelley). I love being an aunt, and I cannot wait to meet and snuggle them! And Katie can't wait to take care of them and be the best cousin ever. =)


Our church has been through some big trials this fall. It has been heartbreaking to see dear dear friendships under strain, but we are seeking to trust in our Good God for the things He has in store.


Through it all, I have learned to see the blessings in the small things. Reading books with my girls. Watching a movie, snuggling with my hubby at night. Taking my days one at a time, and trying to live in the moment because we never know what tomorrow will bring. I'm not saying life at home is easy, there are many moments I feel like I'm going crazy. =) But I realize I am blessed. And these days are going by so fast. I try not to mourn my girls growing up. But I also try to treasure the days while they're little, it truly is a precious season of life that I wouldn't trade for anything.


Happy New Years from us to you.

3 comments:

Devon said...

love all the christmas posts!!thanks for documenting everything for our enjoyment : )

Peri said...

I totally agree with Devon. You did a great job documenting Christmas. Looks like you captured all the fun and excitement. Very fun to read. :)

kelly c said...

friend, love this post. what a crazy & yet very blessed year. :) looking forward to what God has for this new year! :) love you.