I can't believe all of January and half of February has already passed! So much for my New Years Resolution of blogging more.... =( Oh well! I have been taking pictures, the tough part is sitting down and getting them uploaded on the computer.
Just a couple things that I want to remember:
Katie's reading continues to amaze us! She is probably on a 4th or 5th grade level in her reading and comprehension. One recent example, we went to the library and checked out 5 new Magic Tree House books on Monday night. They each have about 60 pages or so with some pictures. She was finished with the 5th book by Wednesday night! She's now reading Little House on the Prairie, so we'll see how long this one takes her! I'm so proud of my big girl.
Julia is really starting to put things together in school. I have been really excited and encouraged to see her start to sound out words! She loves telling everyone, "I'm learning to read!" It's pretty amazing to watch your child learn right before you eyes, I must say.
Serena is continuing to talk up a storm to anyone who will listen, unless you're a stranger or she's feeling shy. Then, she is mute. =) Most car rides are spent with non-stop chatter and questions from the back seat. Last night we were driving to my parents and after the 50th question I declared, "Ok! It's Dad's turn!" (Will's cue to take over for a minute. Subtle, I know.) So Will said, "What's your question Serena? Ask Daddy." Too which Serena replied,
"Umm.... But, Momma needs to talk to ME."
"No, it's ok. Just ask Daddy."
"Well.... Momma just needs to talk to MEEE."
She cracks me up!
Aubrey is nearly 17 months old! She is continuing in her physical therapy, still mostly hitting the 9-12 month range for her gross motor and play skills (and still in 9 month clothes and size 1 shoes, too!). But she's doing great! Her therapist is working with her on standing, taking a step from the couch to the table and interactive games and books to expand her play skills. Brie does so well with her, although she refuses to do any of it with me or Will. Stubborn, stubborn child. Where does she get it from? She had my whole family cracking up last night at the dinner table as she glared from person to person when they tried to talk to her. Full on, dead-pan stares, side-long glances, and long deliberate blinks... this girl has such an attitude! =) No words needed for her to communicate, that's for sure!
(As soon as I get all my pictures on here, I'll get Serena's first hair cut on the blog! She looks so old now!)
3 comments:
Wow! 5th grade reading level. That's awesome! And when I was teaching I loved to see the kids begin to sound out words like JuJu. They got sooooo excited. Can't wait to see Serena's new hair cut. (love the focus on Mommy thing in the car by the way). And My Gosh what a character Brie is with the staring down thing. Bet she had the entire table wondering what she was thinking. :) xxoo to all 4 from Auntie
what an amazing and kind God we have! love to hear hoe He is blessing your family, friend! your girlies are all so super blessed to have YOU as their momma. love you
Amazing...thanks for the update on all the girls. We are so proud of you & Will. Yes, you are amazing parents and the girls are so very lucky to have such wonderful and caring parents! "Life is Good"!!!
Post a Comment