Saturday, September 27, 2008

.Getting Back to Normal.


oops.

Where has this past week gone??

Sorry about that; anyway, Will and I had a GREAT time on our little getaway last weekend!!  It was so nice to spend time together, and Chesapeake City is the cutest little town.  =)  Lots of old antique stores and things like that.  Oh, and I won one out of three games of bowling - which just might have been the highlight!  We got to sleep, talk, shop, and eat.  What else is there?!  

The girls had a great time with Auntie Sue, helping her with all the farm chores etc.  And since we've been home it's been go-go-go.  Fall is in full swing down here, and I've been loving it.  We went apple picking, put-put golfing with Ally and Chris, and several meeting with church friends, lived, laughed, loved... you know, the usual.  =)

Oh, and just yesterday, I made an attempt at going to Old Navy.  My best friend Rakel and I took all the girls down to look for some summer clearance for next year, and a few things for winter.  Ahhh, I'm tired just thinking about it!!  Faith and Juju were just not having it....  the strollers, the walking, the shopping - it's just not what they planned on for that day, I guess.  At one point I let Julia out of the stroller to try and curb the fussing (Big mistake!!) - next thing I know she's swinging from all the clothing racks like a little monkey!  I wish I had a picture to show - I didn't know a 2 year old could hold their own weight that well!!

Anyway, we didn't even find that many deals.  4 hours later...  we were home.  Phew.

Here's a recent pic of the girls, showing their personalities these days:

Katie has become quite dramatic lately.  Singing, dancing, and making silly faces keeps her content throughout the day.
Here she is doing a little jig.  =)

Whereas JuJu has been a little more mellow, contemplative... and well, grumpy.  =)
I sometimes lovingly refer to it as "toddler PMS"
But, she's still such a cutie!

1 comment:

BeepaandGiGi said...

A little perspective- on the last day that Katie & Julia were in RI, we all did the Meals-On-Wheels thing. The girl's smiles brightened that day for 10 people. This week, 2 of the 10 are in nursing homes. I hope their days are still lightened by the memory of seeing Katie and Julia.