Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 4....


This seems to be the most exciting day, yet!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wednesday, 5:37 AM - GiGi and I turn on the pillow to look at each other and say, "Let's just be quiet.  Maybe they'll go back to sleep."  Yeah, right.  Katie is in Julia's crib and they're both jumping and laughing.  I go downstairs, put Katie back in her bed, and lay down beside her.  Amazingly, Julia lays down in the crib and is quiet again - for 45 minutes.
Oh well, nice try.

The early start means we'll have to make some adjustments in the day's schedule to let them get some sleep when needed.  For Julia, that comes early.  At 9 AM she crashed with a bottle and sleeps for almost two hours.  That works out great.  Beepa can go do Meals (long routes today) and GiGi only has Katie to play with.   But hats off to GiGi for being willing to watch both girls for almost three hours if necessary!!

After lunch, GiGi has some shopping to do, so Beepa loads the girls and equipment in the car and heads off to a new park and then to the beach.  Except that Katie falls asleep as soon as we get moving.  So, skip the park, drive around for a while, and then, when she wakes up, head to the beach.

When we went to the beach Monday, there were a few waves and they barely got their feet wet.  So, today I didn't bring bathing suits.  I did take off their sneakers and rolled up their (and my) slacks.  Nice try.  As you can see from the pictures, they ended up getting totally soaked.  (Julia went under water once.  She came up laughing, of course.)  The minnows and sand crabs were a big attraction.  Before leaving the park, we stopped at the playground where Julia (covered with wet sand and diaper hanging down 6 inches) scared the heart out of a couple of mothers when she grabbed a monkey bar and swung way out over the slide.

Before going to the park, I had promised them ice cream.  But now I had taken off their wet clothes and they just had diapers, pull ups, and sneakers on.  So we find an ice cream place with a drive-in window.  A nice young lady opens the window and suggests two small cups of soft ice cream with maybe some rainbow sprinkles.  I say, "That'll be perfect."  She says, "That'll be $5.40."  I felt like telling her about the good old days.....

All week the girls have been fascinated by planes, so we drove over to the airport fence to watch planes take off while they ate their ice cream.  It was now 5 PM, so I called GiGi to warn her not to cook a big supper.  I know I wasn't acting my age, but shouldn't kids be able to eat ice cream just before supper at least once in their lives?  Remember, Randy Pausch lets his kids paint their bedroom walls.

A couple of notes:
Isn't it great the way Katie laughs so heartily whenever there's something she finds funny in a video?
What is it with Julia and doors?  She has spent all week opening and closing the doors in our house.

Big day tomorrow - finally the Zoo.

Love, Beepa and GiGi






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ewwwwwww u let them play in that grosswater tisk tisk!!lol