Monday, September 13, 2010

Update #3

Dear friends and family,

Here I am in my hospital room on day 4 - Monday morning. All is quiet, and I had my first night alone last night as well so Will could be home with the girlies and get a good nights rest. Yesterday was - overall - very uneventful. Which is great! I only had sporadic contractions here and there, and my bleeding has lessened significantly (due to being in bed all day). They decided as of yesterday morning to take me completely off the magnesium sulfate, and just do the anti-inflammatory med. This seems to be keeping my uterus calm on it's own, which is wonderful.

The only "bad news" from the day is that each time I do have a contraction, even if it's extremely mild, baby girl does not like it. Her heart rate drops, sometimes into the 60's (when her normal is 140), and at least one time yesterday, stayed there for nearly 30 seconds. SO they are keeping a very close eye on that, and have told me clearly that if that starts to happen more, it would be cause for emergency delivery. Dropping your heart rate is like holding your breath, the doctor explained, once an hour won't do too much damage, but if you were to hold your breath every 10 minutes that would be a different story.

And no one has given any indication of when I'll be going home. They all probably know how much of a planner I am, and just want to keep me on my toes! It seems like it could be awhile, for instance, yesterday they brought me a breathing machine to help ward off pneumonia from lying in bed too long, and this morning they put me back into the compression stockings to help prevent blood clots. It seems like no one's in a hurry for me to leave. =)

I got to see the girls last night for the first time, which was obviously bittersweet. They got a little teary when it was time to go home, so I had a pretty hard time holding my emotions together in front of them! I miss them terribly, and it's so odd not being with them, but they have been having a blast at Grandma and PopPop's house so far!

Today, my heart is well and I am at peace. Even in the not-knowing what these next days, perhaps weeks, will hold, I am so aware of all the prayers that have been prayed for me and my family. I cant really express what it means to have so many who love and care rally around us during this time. Where would we be without each of you??

Love you all,
~~Sena

2 comments:

christy said...

I've been praying for you all!

Amy said...

Praying for you!! Lots of love.