Sunday, September 12, 2010

Update #2

So it's 8 am Sunday morning, and I actually got some sleep last night!!! I feel like a new person today, still not 100%, but oh so much better.
Here's the email I just sent out with the update from the evening:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey everyone!

I'll keep this brief, but just wanted to excitedly tell you that last night they made the call to turn down the magnesium sulfate to only a level 1!! I am feeling soooo much better! And am actually able to type this to you myself as my vision and muscle strength/coordination has greatly improved!! Praise the Lord!! This decision was made around 7:30 last night after I requested to speak to my doctor on the phone. My contractions had been picking up again over the last hour or two to about 1 every 10 minutes (as opposed to only 1 or 2 an hour), and I was getting sooooo overwhelmed at the thought of either staying on this med when it's not working, or having to increase the levels which would also increase my horrible side effects. Apart from the vision, muscle stuff and everything Ally described, it also started to give me severe shortness of breath and chest pain. Once I told (through many tears) the doctor this he graciously agreed that it was time for a new plan!

So we have lessened the magnesium and possibly will stop it all together at some point today, but he started a different med on top of it. It's an anti-inflammatory, which he said they don't normally use to stop labor, but he wanted to give it a try. I was SO tired last night after not really having slept more than a few hours since Wednesday night, so I slept through pretty much all my contractions, needle pricks and nurse visits through the night. This morning, my contractions are very mild, and only every 10 - 15 min.

It looks like I will be here at least through tomorrow or Tuesday, if not longer, so we'll see.

Thank you so much for your prayers! They truly have carried me through what was probably the worst 24 hours of my life, and today is a new day!

Specific Requests would be:
~That this new medicine helps to keep contractions at bay, and that the magnesium sulfate will not need to be upped again.
~That my doctors and nurses would have abundant wisdom for what to do over these next few days.
~That my sweet girlies would have so much fun wherever they are while I'm in the hospital! (They've been at Grandma and PopPop's since Friday, and aren't missing me too much...) =)
~That baby girl will stay in there until the perfect time, hopefully full term, and be born healthy and well.
~That our hearts would remain at peace, and I would not be anxious, as we seek to plan what's next even though we have no idea what tomorrow will bring!

I will keep you updated as I can (now that I can type again!!)
Love to all,
~~Sena

No comments: