Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Alexander Record

Yes, we've hit a new record here.  Two trips to the ER in two days!!!  Thankfully this time it wasn't Julia... but it was my poor husband.  For those of you who don't know, Will never goes to the doctors office, much less the hospital! 

Yesterday while I was at the ER with Julia, Will went to see his doctor because he's been having bad headaches and a lot of neck pain.  I figured if he was actually at the point of requesting a visit - it must be important!  Thankfully the diagnosis was simply a pinched nerve in the neck, and bad allergies to explain the headaches.  Nothing a nice heating pad and some Zyrtec can't solve.  

But then today he cut his finger REALLY badly.  A piece of the metal he works with shot out of the machine unexpectedly and cut into his middle finger.  So he did what all guys do - threw some gauze on it and kept on working!  I went to check on him and asked if he needed stitches,  and he didn't think so.  Then his dad helped him change the gauze, and I got a call right away to take Will to the ER.  Again, if his dad thinks we need to go to the hospital, it must be pretty bad!  So we spent 4 hours (yep, not as speedy as the trip with JuJu) getting a tetanus shot and 10 stitches.  The worst part for Will was the numbing shots in his finger, he said it was the worst pain he's ever had!  I asked the doctor how bad it was, and he confirmed that the cut had gone straight to the bone!  Ouch!!

No pictures to show, but it was pretty gruesome.  I thought I could stomach watching the doc stitch him up, but I had to sit down about half way through.  How anyone can do that and keep their lunch down is beyond me!

2 comments:

BeepaandGiGi said...

Darn! There are two big job openings up here in New England: quaterback for the Patriots or pitching for the Red Sox. But with 10 stiches in Will's finger I guess he's out for the season.

You guys have sure had an exciting life the past few days! You've got our sympathy.

Momma said...

2 ER visits, a doctor visit... and now a dental visit to get a tooth pulled! Um, I recommend shooting for a different record to break next week. This one's no fun at all. :)