I just realized that I never posted when she got her umbilical IV taken out! Oops.
She's had it out since Tuesday! That means for almost a week she has been only on my milk that they are continuing to add calories to. She is... are you ready??... up to 3 lbs, 8 oz! They want her to gain about an ounce a day, which she has been right on track with.
And lastly, she got her first little bottle feed on Sunday! I missed it, but was able to be there for her feed yesterday, and might even be able to give her the bottle myself when I see her tonight. They only give her one bottle a day, the rest of her feeding is still through the feeding tube in her nose. Once they are sure she is tolerating the suck-swallow-breathe necessary to bottle feed, they will start giving her more bottles and hopefully start introducing nursing as well. That will be an interesting transition as I will need to be at the hospital as much as possible to be able to nurse... it's hard enough getting there once a day! Not sure what that will look like yet, and I'm continuing to just take it one day at a time.
As of right now, Brie is definitely on target for being able to come home at 35 weeks gestational age, which would be around October 23rd. The next step is to get her out of the incubator and into a regular bassinet!
3 comments:
Such happy news!!! 3lbs 8oz sounds chubby at this point. :)
xo
WOW!!! 3lbs.8oz...All this is such good news! Keep us posted as it gets closer to Oct. 23rd as Beepa & I can't wait to see Baby Brie and her three beautiful big sisters!!!
Such great news! Rejoicing with you all.
Post a Comment