Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ballerina Baby

This cutie has been making some serious strides towards big-girl-ness lately. She has always kind of wanted to stay "the baby", which has shown itself in various ways. Still holding ears, sucking on her bottom lip, wearing pull-ups to bed, and saying "I can't do it" to pretty much Anything you ask her to do. =)

I am so proud to report that she decided several weeks ago that she wanted to wear big-girl undies to bed. She went from a wet PullUp every morning, to completely dry undies overnight. Never had a single accident! Go, girl! She is doing well at learning new things on her own - in particular playing PBSKids.org on the computer. Up until now she has only wanted to watch Katie play, and now she can do it all by herself ("Mom, I don't need any help!). She also now wants to dress herself, hence the photos below....




(But, much to my delight, she still holds my ear and sucks her bottom lip...
I hope she never stops.)


Quick Update:
Aubrey weighs just under 5 pounds today. This seems so huge to me until I remember that she is 5 weeks old already... =)
Sadly, she had another Brady on Friday morning, so her going-home-date got bumped to this Wednesday. The doctor said today that even if she has more Brady episodes in between now and then, they will still send her home, but just keep her on the apnea monitor at home for awhile. In some ways, we've been wanting her to come home on the monitor anyway, so honestly we wouldn't mind if they decided to do that! So, hopefully, Wednesday is the final day (2 days shy of 6 weeks in the hospital). We're praying it doesn't change again - itching to have our little one home!

She also needs some follow up appointments with the opthamologist as well as the cardiologist. I don't really have many details, but she has some "immaturity" in her eyes, and a heart murmur. None of it sounds really concerning, but we should have more info this week when I am able to speak to the doctors directly. She'll also need to see our dearly beloved pediatrician once she's home - so we will have a BUSY week! I'm glad we got the girls flu shots done this past week; one less thing to do. =)

I have been experiencing intense-delayed-nesting this past week! All I want to do is clean all day long to prepare for Aubrey's homecoming! I'm hoping to get some time alone before Wednesday to get some much-needed projects crossed off my list. Wishful thinking, I'm sure...

No comments: