Took the girl for her 4 month check up today. The nurse and doctor thought it was her 6 month given her size... no, no, just her 4 month. She doesn't take any formula?? No, just nursing. And you haven't given her solids or anything, right? Nope. Just nursing.
Everyone was impressed with your size, Serena-girl!! A solid 14 lbs, 10 oz. and 24 3/4" tall... far surpassing the goal pediatrician's have of doubling your birth weight by this age! Way to go! Katie was a slight 12.9 lbs at 4 months, and Julia was 14.1.... I know, they've got nothing on you, big girl. I love how especially chunky you look when I stand you up in nothing but your diaper. The ripples in those thighs and arms, the lack of any type of ankle, the huge smooshy cheeks, it's all just too much for this momma's heart! You continue to be such a joy -- always smiling and laughing at pretty much any face that greets you. The drool quantity has exponentially grown of late, so Daddy and I are thinking the teething has begun... but we'll see.
The only sad part of today's check up is that you were diagnosed with scabies... a tiny little microscopic bug that gets under the skin and causes itch and rash and general ickiness... So right now we are drowning in a sea of laundry that needs to be done to disinfect and sanitize the house. I didn't realize what that would really mean until I sat and thought about it. Sheets, blankets, hats, coats, car seat cover, car seat winter cover, play mat, swing seat, and oh, did I mention, LOTS of blankets? All three girls, and Will and I, need to use this prescription cream to make sure it doesn't spread to any of us. It's always interesting when the prescription's directions state: "Massage lotion into every square inch of the body, from head to toe." Yikes. This is no joke. As I write this though, I'm so so thankful that this is the worst thing I have to deal with right now. A nuisance, but that's about it. Nothing harmful. Nothing dangerous. Nothing life-threatening. Just an inconvenience on my time and my electric bill. Thank you, Lord.
Anyway, I know this isn't a really flattering picture of Serena... but it just makes me laugh, so I had to post it. And my sister Casey sure does look cute enough for the two of them!
(She doesn't always look THIS big, I promise. It's just the light. Or the angle. Maybe.)
3 comments:
Got a similar reaction when Luca weighed almost 18lbs at 4 months! Love the chub!! She is so precious. :) And scabies? Yikes. Always an adventure at the Alexander house!
Miss you!!
Amy
Any chance you could wait till Gram gets there this weekend? You know how she LOVES to do laundry.
I can't stop looking at that picture... Oh my! LOL! But I do love those rolls, every last inch of them!
Post a Comment