Sunday, December 20, 2009

Happy Day

Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow....

(this is from the 7 inches we got a few weeks ago... Notice the snow pants that are waaay too short? Thank you Jonalee for the new hand-me-downs! My girl appreciates it!!)


Oh, our December has been SO full of life and travels and family and fun! We have been more busy than any Christmas season past, but I am so grateful for all the memories that have been made. And now we get a few days to wind down and settle in because we got nearly 2 FEET of snow yesterday. We are officially snowed in, can't get out of our driveway, and loving it. The girls played all day yesterday in the snow, literally throwing themselves face first into the snow drifts... it made my momma's heart glad to see them having such fun. I didn't get any pictures from yesterday, but I'll be sure to take some today when the snow-ventures continue... Will already built a life size igloo with them, so I have no idea what will come next. =)

(our pine cone and cinnamon centerpiece. Isn't it purrty?)

Some of our other great Christmassy activities?? Cutting down our tree with the Bradshaws and Boisverts - followed by a Pizza Hut dinner, our yearly tradition. Decorating not only our own tree, but my dad's, Will's parents, and my mom's. My girls are now expert ornament hangers. Building a gingerbread house with daddy, and then a gingerbread train with the buddies.

(after a long day of decorating)

Making TONS of Christmas cookies to give to our dear neighbors and friends. Making a cinnamon scented centerpiece for our table (this was more Will's and my project together - and I love it!). Reading Luke 2, the birth of Christ, before bed. Hot cider. Picking out little gifts for their baby cousin... they're more excited to give him their findings then to open their own presents! Christmas parties with our care group, friends and family... and I'm sure there's more that I'm forgetting.

(Ready for the snow!!)

I love building these traditions with the people I hold most dear in all the world. And I pray they look back at these memories with joy! I know I will.

2 comments:

Devon said...

The last picture is so great! Wish I had seen them jump into the snow banks...I was practically ready to do the same down here!

BeepaandGiGi said...

The pictures are purr-fect...the girls are surely enjoying the SNOW!
Loved your centerpiece, too! Can't wait to see the Igloo! Gramp is plowing out our mailbox (once a mailman, always a mailman). Enjoy the season's activities. Can't wait to see you all New Year's Day to celebrate our Christmas with our VA/MD families!! :)