The first was from a while ago, and I have never gotten around to posting it. Or maybe I have, and just don't remember. If that's the case - please don't laugh at me toooo hard. =)
Anyway, we were driving somewhere and Will had to slam on the brakes suddenly for some reason. Without skipping a beat, Katie yells out indignantly,
"WOAH, honey!!!!"
Will looked at me with that oh-so-common-face that parents give eachother that says, "See what you've done?!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The second was just this afternoon. About 3 weeks ago, Katie decided to stop napping. Yes, it has disrupted the entire infra-structure of our home in the afternoons! I don't feel ready to lose that hour and a half of down time -- so I've been trying to train her to have Quiet Rest time while Julia sleeps in our room down the hall. The minutes go by very slowly for poor Katie, so I've had to go up several times to remind her to be quiet ect. Today, I went up for the 3rd time to bring her some juice, and reminded her it was still rest time. She looked up at me with that sad little face and said,
"But Mom, I just don't want to stay in here forever!"
Where does she get her dramatic flare from anyway?!
(Here she is hastily trying to stuff the last few animal crackers in her mouth
before Julia can run over and snatch one!
She looks so worried, doesn't she?)
1 comment:
Uh huh. How many times have I given you that same look or (more likely) just come right out and said, "See what you've done!"?? She is a mini-me Sena, for sure!
These make me laugh!
Post a Comment