Just wanted to let everyone know that we are taking Julia to the GI doctor on Monday. Yeah!!!!
Hopefully this doctor will have some insight as to what is going on with her little digestive system. I took her in to see her pediatrician this past Monday to get some clarity on what types of questions I should be asking the GI. He was really helpful and gave me a much better understanding of the things I should be looking to know. Of all the tests we could do, which ones will be the most necessary and revealing as to a possible cause? Is there anything I can do in the mean time to bring her some relief (such as a change in her diet)? He said that from his perspective all the possible diagnosis' I've come up with don't really add up (Celiac disease, food allergy, irritable bowel syndrome, and colonitis); for one reason or another her symptoms don't match up to any of these things. So, it's a big mystery as to what is really going on! I'm just grateful that we're finally able to see this specialist and, Lord willing, get some answers.
Please pray that this GI doctor will have wisdom for Julia's issues and that we can hopefully do something, either through her diet, testing, or medication, to relieve her tummy pains and diarrhea.
I'll let you know what happens on Monday!
2 comments:
Awww, hope your sweet little girl finds some relief soon! We will pray...
We went to Schoharie this weekend for Ethan & Mary's baby shower. It was great to see the soon-to-be Mommy and Daddy filled with joyous anticipation of Tobias' birth. But then we came home to a reality check- Julia's going to the specialist tomorrow. So, tonight we're hoping Ethan & Mary will be ready to handle the reality when it comes to them....and we're hoping that the specialist will be able to give you and Will some joyous anticipation that the end of Julia's problems is near. That's not too much to hope for is it?
Post a Comment