This bundle of simultaneous trouble and joy was born two years ago today.
We started our day when I went into the babies room to get Aubrey at 6:30 this morning, only to find that Serena was not in her crib. Not only was she not in her crib, but she wasn't in her room, the bathroom or the girls room. I was in a complete panic at this point, racing downstairs only to find her dead asleep on the floor in front of the frontdoor. I have no idea how long she was there. I have no idea what she did before falling asleep. I'm only SO thankful that she wasn't able to unlock the door and go outside (which I'm sure she would have had she been able).
This is just one of a long line of incidents over the past few months with her. She is my mischievous trouble maker. Whether it's playing in the cat box, dumping dish detergent all over the floor, or pulling poop out of the toilet (because her older sisters never remember to flush!)... and smearing it all over my house... she has kept me on my toes in a way the older two never did!
The rest of our day was, thankfully, much less exciting. We sang "Happy Birthday" to her a million times, hoping to get her to understand what it meant. =) We went to Red Robin as a family and then walked around PetsMart to see all the animals. Had cake at 8:30 and went to bed.
That's my girl...
Rena, we love you so much. Even though you cause trouble, you also bring much joy with your laughter, your affection, and your silliness. Our family is better because you are in it!
Love you so much,
mommy.
4 comments:
the third child- can't live with her, can't live without her!
As a third child I second what Dev says. Thank goodness we are sooooo loveable! And Serena? From what I saw in Shoharie, SUPER lovable! Happy Birthday Rena.
:-) auntie
Beepa and GiGi were both "third child", too! And we seemed to have turned out OK in the end. So, I'm sure that by the time Serena is past the teen years, she'll be fine. Of course,by then you'll be 45! Gulp!!
The pictures of Rena are so adorable! There is always at least ONE child in a family who seems to be the mischieveous one AND she is so quiet in her mischieveous actions!! Happy, Happy Birthday little loveable girl!!!
Post a Comment