Thursday, August 25, 2011

Another Birthday

This beautiful precious girl turned 6 on Monday.
It's so hard to believe! And we have had an all-out-birthday-extravaganza around here! It started with a dinner at Dad and Mamere's house, continued with a party combo for Katie and Serena at Will's parents, was followed by a girls party at Adventure Park, and then was finally concluded with a very special day on her actual birthday. Phew!


Here she is the morn of her birthday. She was happy, in her own quite, shy kind of way.


And a little goofy. =)


So the big HUGE plan for the day was to have special time with mommy, and get her EARS PIERCED!! Katie has been wanting this for awhile, and she was so brave!


My pretty girl.


This was her present from Daddy. Katie was so excited when she saw it, because this is Daddy's nickname for her on a regular basis. =)


After her earings, we went to Panera to get Katie's favorite, chicken noodle soup. We got to just hang out and talk. It was tons of fun.



Katie, you will never know the joy that you have brought me these past 6 years. I told you the other day all about the day you were born. How much happiness Daddy and I had in holding you for the first time. You love hearing that story, along with how you said words as a baby, if you cried a lot ect. =) It really is just a privilege and a joy to be your momma; thank you for always being such a big helper with your little sisters. Thank you for always asking questions. Thank you for wanting me to still sing to you at bed each night. Thank you for cooking with me. Thank you for always making me special little pictures or notes for my bed-side table.

You are about to start 1st grade in just 2 weeks. I'm so excited for you, but I still can't imagine you being gone each day. That will take some getting used to! Who's going to bring Aubrey downstairs for me when she wakes up now? =)

I love you so much. And I love watching you grow into a beautiful, graceful little lady. I begged you to stay 5, but you were adamant. =) So now, here we are, another year older!
You're my pride, girl. My shining pride.
Hugs and kisses, mommy.

4 comments:

Devon said...

Crying crying crying at work reading this! Can't believe my biggest big girl is 6 years old. I had no idea how much she would mean to me, and how much I would love her, 6 years ago. So grateful to be a part of this sweet girl's life.

kelly c said...

wow - the Lord is so exceedingly kind to give us our children! such a wonderful momma post, sena! :) she is blessed to have YOU are her momma. happy birthday to your sweet katie!

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH. I should have logged on days ago. I loved reading about Katie's 6th birthday!! Pierced ears and Goobers. awesome. By the way, good luck with keeping the kids small/young. I tried it with Ian but it didn't work. :-) The child-as-adult thing is pretty cool too. Katie will be the prettiest, sweetest, Christian young lady.

Lindsey Knott said...

I just cried reading this Sena...I CANNOT believe how big she is!! I remember clear as day when you told me you were pregnant with her :( miss you more than words friend