Wednesday, March 10, 2010

.A Second First.


I had to call Poison Control today. Never had to do that before.
I bet you're thinking it was Julia, but actually, it was my sweet Katie-bug!



I went to the bathroom after Katie had been in there about 30 minutes prior, and there on the counter was her wet toothbrush and a tube next to it. She had asked if she could brush her teeth, and I said "sure" (All about building good hygiene habits around here!). The tube, however, was Neosporin, not her new toothpaste that we had just gotten the night before. She genuinely thought it was her toothpaste and not "boo-boo medicine", and was a little distraught when I told her what it was!

I had to ask, "Babe, did that taste good?"

"Mmmm, not really."

Maybe next time that will tip her off that something is wrong. =)

Thankfully the very helpful lady from Poison Control said it was nothing to worry about.
Grateful that my day is NOT involving a trip to the E.R. today.
So far, anyway.

3 comments:

Cara said...

I'm impressed that you've made it this far and only called once. I ought to have them on my speed dial.

Madeline said...

*chuckles* If you can believe it we've never had to call poison control and we have (count them) eight kids...lol. But that's funny (er, sort of)...

BeepaandGiGi said...

As the saying goes, everyone has to eat a pint of dirt during his/her lifetime. Let's hope that one small taste of neosporin is all Katie will ever taste in her lifetime! Keep up the good hygiene (with your NEW toothpaste), Katie!!!