Wednesday, October 28, 2009

One Year Ago

October 28, 2008:



Their first haircuts!
It's amazing how much they have changed in just a year!!

Katie is now 4, starting preschool, loving being a big sister and mommy's helper. Well, actually, I should say Daddy's helper. The other day she told me, "Mom, I will always be your daughter, but I think I just want to be Daddy's helper on the farm. Like, you know, when he has to ride his tractors and use his tools? I'll just help him with all that. But, don't worry, I'll still be your daughter."

Julia is a week shy of turning 3. Even with Serena here, Julia still feels like the baby in so many ways. She is still a huge snuggle-bug, which I love!! She still mispronounces words, which I also love! The other day she said, "Mom, I just give you a tightly squeeze!" She still sucks on her lower lip and loves to hold on your ear. And she gets SO "ekskited"/excited over Little Einsteins. She is also definitely growing up though. She is her big sisters shadow - whatever Katie does and says, Julia is sure to follow!

I LOVE my big girls!

1 comment:

BeepaandGiGi said...

Here's another blog we missed...SORRY about that! Guess we've been a tad busy! My how Serena's "big sisters" have become so very grown up. As that old saying goes, "A son is a son until he takes a wife but a daughter is a daughter for the rest of her life"!!! Just love the cute thoughts that each of the girls say to you!