Saturday, September 12, 2009

~6 weeks~

I'm lucky if I get a shower, and tired most every morning.
The laundry piles up oh-so-quickly, and it takes just as many hours to get out of the house as how many hours I end up being gone.
Homeschooling my 4 year old, training my 2 year old, and caring for my newborn takes up all but a few fleeting moments of each day.
And most evenings I'm too tired to do much of anything but sit on the couch!


Yet in the midst of all this, I get to greet three of the sweetest faces each and every morning.
I get to hear the chatterings and laughter of two precious sister-friends.
I get to see all those many smiles that only a mommy and a daddy can receive from that snuggle or tickle.
I get to play and teach and encourage little hearts all throughout my day.

I get to watch my new baby grow and develop - from holding her head up to the occasional smile. I'm able to watch her learn as she takes in all that's around her. I watch my two big-littles love on their little-little sister. I get to greet my husband each day as he comes home from work, watch the girls face light up as they see him in the driveway. I have the perfect vantage-point as they each express their different personalities and preferences. I get to love them all... for all the days of my life.

I have the best job in the world.

4 comments:

Ally said...

i am so blessed to have your example!

Joe & Rakel B. said...

Beautifully written! I may revisit that post on those days when I lose sight of all the blessings we have in being wives and moms. I am so thankful God has allowed us to live life together and I so benefit from your example. Can't wait to be your neighbor!

Cara said...

Amen! Amen!!

BeepaandGiGi said...

What an example of a perfect Mommy and Wife. Sena, you have a wonderful way with words...well done! AND, "Little Serena" is growing/changing by leaps & bounds. Can't want to see all the girlies soon!!!