Friday, August 28, 2009

one month


So, where has the last month gone?  I can not believe that we are a few short days from September; Serena will be one month old, Katie just turned 4, and Julia is only two months away from being 3.  Oh my.


Things have been a whirlwind around here in some ways, but also so slow and peaceful in others.  My mom has been staying with us for the past 4 weeks, and I don't know what I'll do when she leaves on Sunday!!  That is when the true adventure of having 3 kids will begin.  =)  I am so grateful that my recovery has been really easy, my insomnia is finally gone and I'm no longer ravenously hungry around the clock, and the girls really do love their baby sister so much!  How blessed am I?

Serena has been just a precious and sweet addition to our family.  She is such a good baby, and has only had a few nights of really not sleeping well at all.  The hugest blessing of having my mom here has been that I can spend a majority of my day just snuggling her and cuddling with her!  And she's already growing so fast!  At her 2 week check-up (when they'd like her to be back to her birth weight) she was already 8 lbs.  6 oz past her goal!  Needless to say, there haven't been any problems nursing.  =)


Thanks for being patient with me as I slowly get back to real life.  Hopefully, another update will come sooner this time around.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

SO CUTE! Makes me want to meet my little guy more than ever - Just 13 1/2 weeks to go!

Cara said...

She's precious! So happy for you guys!

BeepaandGiGi said...

Good luck being "mommy-all-alone". But you'll probably adjust to the change easier than Grandma Shirley will. Gigi and I are already looking forward to seeing you all again in six weeks.

BeepaandGiGi said...

The pictures are just adorable...3 little "girls/sisters", what a blessing!

Paul and Lauren Rohwer said...

She is just too cute!!!