Thursday, July 9, 2009

NYC!!


My love and I got to go into "The City" about three weeks ago for a little belated anniversary getaway.  Oh, my, was it wonderful!!  I, as you should know by now, am not a city girl -- but I actually really enjoyed it MUCH more than I thought it would.  (except for Time Square -- way too touristy and crowded for me.)

Some of the highlights:

~Walking through Central Park, Saint Patrick's Cathedral, the fashion district, and SO many other places.  Yes, we walked a LOT!!!

~Eating, eating, eating.  Especially our big dinner to Bobby Flay's Bar Americain.  Amazing!

~Seeing Lion King on Broadway.  Also amazing!

~Going to the top of the Rockefeller Center at night to see all the city lights.

~Catching the bus down to Battery Park to see Liberty Island and the 9/11 memorial site.


We really packed it in for only being there Friday through Sunday!  Thank you SOO much to Nani and Auntie Devon for watching the girlies.  I still missed them like crazy, but the time away with Will was well worth the little sadness (and it always helps when your kids could pretty much care less that you're gone!).

Baby, thank you for an amazing first 5 (and 1/2) years of marriage.  I'm so grateful to have YOU.
Love you!

(More pics of the trip coming...)

1 comment:

Momma said...

You're welcome but, as much fun as you had, I still say I got the better end of the deal. :)

Love you, honey! Happy 5 1/2th anniversary!!