Friday, February 6, 2009

Roof Top Brawl


The craziest thing happened here last night.  Two of our cats (Jenna on top, and Charlie on bottom) stay inside for most of the winter.  Every once in awhile they will venture out doors, but it's pretty brief.  Well, last night was one of those nights.  Jenna was mewing at the door, so we let her out after dinner.  Within a few moments I heard an awful noise.  I couldn't tell if it was Julia screaming, or a cat yowling!  Sure enough, there was a cat fight going on outside.  I always get so upset when one of the cats gets into a fight.  There are several strays around our property, our neighbor has an outdoors cat, and Will's fam has 6 as well.  So they happen some what regularly!  This one was even worse than usual... or at least it sounded like it.  If you've never heard a cat fight before, be grateful!  They make the most awful, high-pitched yowling and screaming sounds I've ever heard.

Will and I ran outside to call Jenna back in, and of course it was pitch black out so we couldn't see her anywhere.  Then I heard Will say, "They're up on the roof."  What?  What do you mean they're on the roof?  "I mean I can see their silhouettes on the roof."  I couldn't believe it!  We still don't know who the other culprit was, and we definitely have no idea how they got up there to begin with.  Thankfully Jenna came back a little while later without a scratch (hopefully that means she won!)

Just another night at the Alexander farm...

4 comments:

BeepaandGiGi said...

Great story! I've heard a lot of cat fights (feline, not human). A LOT of yelling without much real harm. Maybe we could learn something from them.

Devon said...

Unfortunately I think yelling causes quite enough harm on it's own when it comes to us humans.

BeepaandGiGi said...

To Devon,
Does this mean you've decided not to yell at me so much?

Gramp

Devon said...

To Grandpa,

No.

Devon