Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Finally, some pictures!!

Okay, so I finally have new pictures to post!  Phew!
I haven't picked up my camera very much this winter, but a few weeks ago we had some crazy warm weather and I was determined to snap a few shots.

I wanted to do some updates on the kiddos (yes, all 3 of them!), but we'll probably just do one at a time....

My Oldest girl:


1.Katie's personality has really been blossoming lately.  At the ripe ole' age of 3 & 1/2, she often acts more like a 20 year old!  She is still very much mommy's helper, and takes quite a bit of pride in reminding people of that whenever she gets the chance.  A few examples:  making her bed, clearing her dishes, cleaning her room (one of her new favorite things to do!), helping/teaching Julia anything and everything she deems appropriate and the list goes on.  I often hear her several times a day exclaiming, "Wow, mom!  I'm such a helper for you, huh?"

2.  Just something funny: she is absolutely convinced that we are having a boy.  She really won't even entertain the possibility that it might be a girl.  Not only that, as far as she's concerned the baby's name is Jonathan.  We have never put that idea in her head, neither of us really like that name, and we have NO idea where it came from - but she is determined!  I keep trying to persuade her onto other names, but she won't be deterred.  So we'll see how that progresses over the next few months....


3. She has been fully potty trained (i.e.: not wearing Pull-Up's to bed) for several months now.  Nani was babysitting the other night, and Katie supposedly got extremely offended when Nani tried to diaper her before bed time.  "Nan, I just stay in my big girl undies now ALL THE TIME!"  Okay, okay... sorry!

4. She loves loves loves to cook.  Doesn't matter what she's cooking or who is in the kitchen with her, she just always wants to be a part.  I asked her the other day what she was good at cooking...  "Hmmm...  pasta, peanut butter sandwiches, pizza...lots of things."


5.  She has the most intuitive mind of any 3 year old I know (she must get this from her father).  She is regularly asking me questions that I have no idea how to answer.  I mean, I know the answer, but I don't know how to translate it to her level.  She probably silently laughs at me as I fumble around looking for words to say to the following:

"Mommy, what is wisdom?"
"What does faithfulness mean?"
"Why does God have splendor?"


6.  One of the things I'm most excited about is that Katie has become much more outgoing over the past several months.  Her shyness is virtually a thing of the past.  She now freely waves and says Hi to people, and loves saying that she is now a "good greeter".  She has become much more gregarious than I ever thought she'd be, and it's been a joy to watch!

7.  She is coming into her singing voice!  We always have music on, especially in the car, and for the longest time Katie would just listen.  If we prompted her to sing, she'd maybe mouth the words.  Now she loves making up songs and dances and sings much louder than she used to.  I think she likes hearing her mommy and daddy tell her how beautiful it sounds!


~~~~~

There's so much that I'm probably forgetting, but this will have to suffice for now.  I so want to wrap these things tightly in my memory because the days are going so fast...  
I love my sweet girl.

3 comments:

BeepaandGiGi said...

I always love your blog, but I hate being the first commentor. Oh, well, love beats hate everytime...... The changes in Katie make me wonder: what will she (we?) be like in 20 years? And I'd love to hear what wisdom is. Send me an email.

Momma said...

Oh my goodness, I love that little girl! And she's such a mini-Sena! :) The time is going by so fast but it's been such incredible joy to watch her grow and learn and blossom. I'm so grateful you're capturing these memories on the blog!

Kelly C said...

awww - great photos, sena. just love that girl. what a blessing she is.