Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Winter Blues

I know, I know... winter hasn't even officially begun yet!  

But it's so cold today, and the last few days have been pretty overcast and gloomy.  It's been a little depressing to see the beautiful autumn leaves fall from their branches as the winter winds move in.  I haven't even picked up my camera in a few weeks.  The girls and I have been bumming it lately  - sporting our pony tails and sweats.  Who wants to take pictures of that?!  =)

But I do have one funny story to share from a few weeks ago.  Maybe I can get some tips.  When Julia was born Katie never really showed the typical jealous signs that you hear of.  She didn't revert back to baby talk (probably because, at 14 months old, she hadn't started her toddler talk yet!), she wasn't clamoring for my attention, and she never pretended to be a baby.  Now - two years later, being a baby is her favorite thing to do!  She daily asks for a her milk in a bottle, please (or in pretend-baby-Katie talk -- a "baba").  She always wants me to hold her going down the stairs or walking to the car.  And the latest:


This is how I found her one morning.  She had decided she needed to go back to a crib, but since Julia was occupying the only one we have, she improvised!


This is the drawer that slides beneath her bed and holds all the extra blankets.  She made sure to bring her blanket, pillow and lambie along - don't they look so cozy?


Even still, on the rare occasion that she falls asleep during her nap time, her "drier" is the bed of choice.


Any suggestions?


4 comments:

BeepaandGiGi said...

Since we had absolutely no problem raising our kids (yeah, right!), here's a few suggestions:
1. Relax. You are one of the world's great Moms. So just let your instincts be your guide.
2. Relax. Katie will soon discover (re-discover?) that she likes to be "bigger than", not "same as", and she'll be out of the drawer.
3. Relax. This will soon be added to your long list of "things I used to be worried about".

PS: If we didn't have the blues of winter, would we need the joys of Christmas?

Will and Sena said...

Thanks Gramp!
Just what I needed. =)

(And, besides, you know me -- I haven't lost too much sleep over it!)

Can't wait to see you for the holidays; love you!

Momma said...

You are preachin' to the choir about the winter blues, girlie. My cold weather/short days blahs are in full swing! :)

On the bright side, however, I LOVE these pics. What a precious "baby" she is.

Christina said...

HI Sena!
So, how old is she? My girls are almost 6 and Elena just turned 4. Elena often acts like a baby, still wanting her warm milk before rest time and bed...in her "special" cups that she recently called bottles. She often does the baby talk thing, curls up in our arms as though she's a 3 month old.....all that to say, I think that this is just part of what they do! She doesn't have any younger siblings but she is still often "a baby" (or an animal). I think Adelae did the same stuff. I really wouldn't worry about it! Hope you all are doing well!
Christina Norwood:)