My baby girl was born this day, at 9:22 in the morning, TWO years ago.
How time flies!! I still remember so vividly being in labor. After my first push, the doctor told me to STOP because her head was already appearing. She was ready to make her appearance, and the welcoming committee wasn't done rolling out her red carpet! It only took one more contraction, and she was here; I was so overwhelmed with how fast it all went, and how quickly our lives were changing with this new addition.
Katie was a wee 14 months old when Julia was born. The transition from one to two was a little difficult (I think it is with most people, right?) But my heart was so quickly bonded to this little chunky bundle of pink! She won me over with her sweet cuddliness, and those little smiles kept me going through the brief period of colic and crankiness!
Today there are so many things that I love about my JuJu.
I love her passion. I think I've said before that, unlike Katie, when Julia's up she's UP, and when she's down.... well, run for cover!
She has always been a cuddler, also unlike her big sis. I love the sweet moments of singing together, her head on my shoulder, and her hands grasping my ear lobes (Most kids have a favorite animal or blankie to bring them comfort,
but JuJu just needs a pair of ears - any ears - and she's set!)
I love how she is always sucking on her bottom lip.
I love her fearless nature, she is such a dare-devil!
And I love how she loves her big sister. They have such a precious relationship, and Katie takes such good care of her. =)
My sweet girl - you bring your mommy and daddy so much joy!
I love you!!!
Happy Birthday, baby.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Ju Ju! Loved your post it was so sweet. The pictures are adorable too! Hard to believe they are getting so old.
Love you!
Sorry we couldn't be there for the big birthday, but we're looking forward to Christmas! We LOVED your thoughts and the pictures.
Today, Beepa and GiGi are off to Missouri for a couple of days of nostalgic musicals. Love ya all...
Post a Comment