Friday, September 14, 2012

Apple picking

My favorite time of year is here!  The weather has been glorious, there's a chill in the air.  I'm even excited for football to be back, who knew?

My two bigs and I took a field trip to Homestead Farms last week to go apple picking.
Katie and I had actually gone to this same farm last year with Covenant Life, so it was fun to come back with the homeschool group!

The day started off with a little tour of the farm.  Visiting Elmo the cow, the goat and chickens and ducks.  Then we were off on a loooong hay ride around the property.  This farm is over 700 acres and has been in the same family since the 1700's.  Pretty cool!

from left to write:
Chesed Vess, Brooklyn, Juju, Katie and Faith




In the words of this girl who could eat 3 apples a day,
"Mmmmm..... Delicious!!"

And thanks to Auntie Kel for watching Serena and Aubrey for the morning!

2 comments:

Peri said...

Wow! Now that's a great field trip. Looks like it was perfect weather for eating apples and petting animals. ~ auntie

Michelle said...

Hi Sena, I enjoy keeping up with your blog. Your girls are getting so big!! Of course they are always beautiful when I see their photos. You are blessed!
~Michelle
p.s. Missing the real "fall" you guys have up north.