Saturday, August 25, 2012

Rena turns 3!

This precious chubby baby turned three at the beginning of this month.
I really don't think I can put into words how much I love this girl!


She gives me a run for my money many days.  She can be feisty, dramatic, and independent well beyond her years.  But she is also such a joy, and many moments it is her smile and laughter that fill our home.


She has been a little daddy's girl since she was little, and that still has not changed!  She loves being "Daddy's special helper", and always wants to be the one to go to Home Depot or the store with him.  It's so cute to see the two of them together.


She is still my chunk-a-munk.  We took her for her check up, and she was in the 35% for heigh and the 90% for weight!  I love her squishiness.  =)  


The craziest thing about my Rena these days is her love for hoarding things.  She will take one or two or three of her purses, fill them to over-flowing with her toys, her sister's toys, kitchen utensils ect and just carry them around the house.  We have a big sleeping-bag sack that she loves to fill up and then cart around, it's the funniest thing to watch!  When we were at my mom's the other week, it wasn't until we got home that I realized she had swiped several doggy toys and put them in her purse!


She loves to play hard, and so she often still sleeps hard too.  She still takes a nap most every day (especially now that I've resorted back to separating she and Aubrey for nap time).


Everyone, and I mean everyone, always tells me how beautiful she is.  And it's true, she is so pretty even when she is covered in dirt and mud and sweat.  =)  I love her sweet face and her pure smile!





Rena-girl, momma and daddy love you so much!!  You are such a precious addition to our family, we are so grateful that God gave us you!  I can't believe you're 3, it seems like you were a little baby only yesterday.  I love you and love watching you grow up.  Thanks for always snuggling and giving me hundreds of kisses throughout the day.  You are my sweet girl!

3 comments:

BeepaandGiGi said...

Well said! It takes a Mommy who really loves you to know how to say, "You're special- just like everyone in our family

Peri said...

Since I just spent some time with her at her joint birthday party with Katie, I can say you are right on every count. Sweet, sweet face. Quick to smile. Expressive eyes. Hoarder. (Oh so cutely put my bracelets in her little purse, closed it and quietly walked away. ;) Chunky in a I-need-to- hold-and-hug-you kind of way. The only other adjective I would add is MISSABLE. :) Auntie

Anonymous said...

Sena-- I laughed out loud about the hoarding! What a cutie!!