We've been hit with this awful fever turns stomach bug that's been traveling around our area lately.
Over Easter weekend Katie and I were the first to get it. The other girls got some more mild symptoms, but seemed to be spared the worst of it. And of course, just when I thought we were in the clear...

I was getting Serena ready for bed last night, and lifted her onto my back (piggy back style) to take her to the crib. Before I could process what it was, I heard that unmistakable gurgle... you know, the one the that comes before someone throws up. Just as I realized what was about to happen, my poor Serena threw up. While being carried on my back. As in...
All over my hair, down my shirt and onto the floor.

I was able to lower her down to the floor behind me before become paralyzed in this hunched over position as vomit dripped down my face. Will was in the room and was trying to call me out of my dazed state... "Babe, she's still throwing up!" Yes, she was. Standing behind me throwing up into the ever widening pool at our feet. I just looked at him as if to say, "Do you not see that I have throw up all over me at the moment? What would you like me to do?" =)
Somehow, we were able to get the both of us into the shower (which was traumatic in and of itself as Serena is terrified of the shower). Will heroically cleaned the floor, while I, for the first time ever, shampooed vomit out of my hair.
Unfortunately, that was only the beginning of a long night for my poor girl.
There is something extra sweet when one of my little ones being sick. Those late night moments, when everyone else is fast asleep, snuggling on the couch together with our puke bowl in our laps, watching way too many episodes or Dora until one of us finally dozes off. That sweet quiet time of it just being the two of us, and the awareness that I would do anything for this precious girl. So, I am grateful, yes, even for tummy bugs.
2 comments:
Oh, what a night for both you and Serena but you, Drns, can always find so much good when so much bad is happening.
April 16 is Uncle Michael's 17th birthday "up in heaven" and I think that Serena wanted his attention to make her all better!
Hugs & Kisses to all.
"Drns" is supposed to be "Sena"...sorry about that!
Post a Comment