Thursday, June 2, 2011

My Big Sister



Sena,

Once again, you are taking too long to update your blog. So I thought I'd help...and I have just the right subject. PS- sorry about the password change ; )

You are my biggest big sister. This has meant a lot of different things over the last 22 years. You have been my babysitter, my piano teacher, the one who cooked me dinner, my hair cutter (unsuccessfully...), my make up artist, and very often your closet has been my clothing store. And of course, there was also a time or two I thought you were my worst enemy.






Big sister has come to mean more the last several years. It means a lot of phone calls and trips up I-270. It means best friends. It means role model- in so many ways, most especially in the way you are a wife to your husband, and a mother to your children. Big sister means laughter. Laughter at some shamefully inappropriate times, but laughter all the same. Sometimes it means a little crying too.





I want to add one more meaning to big sister though.....


Will you be my maid of honor?


(circle yes, no, or maybe.)

Love,

Devon

4 comments:

Will and Sena said...

yes, yes, and YES!!!!!!

I feel like I just got proposed to or something...

=)

~~the Matron (but I much prefer "Maid") of Honor

BeepaandGiGi said...

Oh my goodness, this posting brought tears to my eyes and happiness to my heart! Luv "U" ALL!!!

Joe & Rakel B. said...

Well done Devon!!! That was the sweetest post!!

Anonymous said...

I can post now from RI.Yah. thanks kiddo! Love to look at all the photos.