Last night was a memory. It was our first annual FDADNE night. This was my dad's creation: I think it stands for Father-Daughter-Annual-Dinner-Night-E...??? Evening? Extravaganza??
I don't know, I forget what the E is.
Anyway, my wonderful Pops took all his girlies out last night for a gourmet dinner and lots of laughs. This is the first time we've all been together in a setting like this, all dressed up, no babies, and lots of chatting. It was such fun. =)
I actually don't remember the name of the restaurant, but it was a beautiful place up in Middletown, Md. And the food was delish. My hubby would have loved it. But the rule is no hubbies allowed. So he missed out. Although I did bring him my left-over stuffed duck breast with whipped sweet potatoes. Mmmmm-hmmm.
(so from left to right: Samantha, Casey, Ally, Riley, me, Devon, and Daddy.)
What a good-lookin' group of family members.

It was quite decadent, too. Because my Pops is so wonderful and generous. Lots of appetizers, wine (for those of drinking age), salads, entree's, and dessert! Among the dishes consumed were: calamari, pork belly (!!!), crab imperial, duck stuffed with pear, pecans and bacon (that was mine!!), sea scallops with crab stuffed ravioli's, mussels, crab & brie mac n' cheese, steaks.... I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff. And about 5 creme brulee's for dessert. We rolled ourselves out of there as the restaurant closed. =)
Thanks dad for the wonderful memory.
I really can't wait for next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment