Tuesday, February 22, 2011

.Bullet Points.

.AUBREY.
~ Now 5 months old (on 2/17/11)
~ Weighs a tad over 9 lbs.
~ Still wears NB diapers and clothes, but just this past week has been wearing more 0-3 month clothes. Finally!
~ Started to smile just after her 4 month birthday. YAY!
~ Holds her head up
~ Focuses on your face or a toy for much longer periods of time
~ Is sleeping SOOOO much better. As of 3 weeks ago, I am proud to say she is sleeping from *generally* 9:30 p.m. to 6:30 a.m. I am a new woman.
~ Although she is still often fussy, I am able to enjoy her so so much more now. She is on a much better schedule with napping and feeding, and is in general much happier. I'm so proud of her for being the fighter that she is! I can't believe she will be half-a-year old in less than a month...

.SERENA.
~ Now 18 months old (on 2/1/11)
~ Weighs 26 lbs. =)
~ Has to wear 24 mth pants, and often 3T shirts to cover all the chub. =)
~ Is learning new words every day. It has been pure joy watching her learn to talk, putting more words together, and watching her sisters trying to teach her. She now says the names of all her family members, all the aunts, grandparents and great-grandparents. As well as numerous food-related words & please/thank you, help, down, up, more, book, ect. I love this age so much!
~ Is definitely getting much more feisty and independent. She wants to do everything her big sisters do, and lets you know how she feels when you say 'no'.
~ Still just as cuddly and affectionate. Is such a people person, and happily goes to pretty much anyone. She often has the whole family laughing at the dinner table with her crazy faces! She is the ham of the family right now, for sure!

.JULIA.
~ Turned 4 on 11/8/10.
~ She is growing up in so many ways right now. Getting taller and leaner, and learning to do more by herself (dressing herself, picking up her room, brushing her teeth ect.)
~ I love watching her become her own person. She loves playing by herself, and is content to imagine up games with her dolls, her Polly's or her new doll house (something Katie still isn't really into very much).
~ She loves to dress up, and told me yesterday she wants to be a "real princess" when she grows up.
~ Still loves on as many people as will let her. She is so energetic, and is almost always happy (except when she's complaining about being hungry, thirsty, tired, achy, bored.)

.KATIE.
~ Is now 5 1/2 yrs old. Sigh.
~ She is the stereotypical oldest child is almost every way. Loves to be momma's helper. Loves to help her littler sisters. Loves to act like an adult.
~ She has taken it upon herself to teach Serena everything. "Serena! Say "Momma. May. I. Please. Have. Baba.?"
~ She is reading on a 3rd grade level. Truly. And it is one of her favorite thing to do. She loves having real big girl books to read now.
~ She has become much more attached to me lately as she's gotten a bit older. She wants to hold my hand, snuggle with me, and has a harder time leaving me lately. I don't really mind. =)
~ Told me yesterday she wants to be a "dress designer" when she grows up. And when Auntie Devon gets married she wants to draw some dresses and let her pick which one she'll wear.
That sound good to you, Dev?


I'm sure there's much more, but I just wanted to record a few things down before they get another year older! There are no words to express how much Will and I love our four little women. They fill our house with noise, chaos, and much much joy. They are our greatest gifts!


4 comments:

Amy said...

I've been waiting for an update!! I loved reading about each of your girls. :) Each so different. I can't believe Katie is reading like that already!! Super impressive--smart like her daddy and mommy. I would love to catch up when we're healthy again.

Love you,
Amy

BeepaandGiGi said...

What a great update. And thanks for somehow finding the time to do it. (Maybe something to do while locked out of the car??)

And re your 2/18 post, should I run our car through a car wash before heading to RI after we visit MD :)?? Our neighbors might appreciate our leaving the stink bugs down South.

Devon said...

this MADE MY NIGHT.

lol.. its always amazing to me the things she knows. how did she even learn about the concept of "dress designers?"

thank you thank you thank you for updating the blog!

BeepaandGiGi said...

We just LOVE those four "little women"!
Can't wait until the three older girls' vacation here in RI next month (hope it's o.k. to spoil them a little)!