Just today (while we were eating dinner in fact), Jenna, our gray kitty, came prancing downstairs with a little tiny baby bird in her mouth. We think a momma bird attempted to build a nest in the ceiling of the new bedroom before Will had completely sealed it. Icky.
(And yes - here is proof that she really does climb onto our roof. Crazy cat.)
And last night, this was the little fella' that greeted Will when he came into the kitchen -- Thank you, Lord, that it wasn't me who found him!!! He was literally as big as a half dollar; I think one of the largest I've seen to date.
(So sleep tight all you city dwellers, sleep tight.)
3 comments:
Animal tales- suburban style. We visited Uncle Tom's Mom yesterday. She told us how she recently caught five mice in her kitchen using "sticky feet" traps. She puts on rubber gloves,shoves the squeeling things into plastic bags,and then out to the trash bin. BTW: Tom's Mom is 94!
Sena, that spider thing is absolutely disgusting. (Sorry, Lord, I know you said it's "good," but...) I'm not really that squeamish about bugs, having grown up on a farm myself, but I have NEVER seen anything like that. Yikes indeed. You are one brave lady!
eeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwww!
Post a Comment