Yep! It's a girl!!!
The technician gave us a 99% positive, saying that little miss was not being shy what-so-ever. =) And she kept saying cute things like, "Look at that beautiful spine!" and "Oh, what cute kidneys!" (*I'm not joking!)
We knew the chances of a boy were pretty slim; the tech even told Will that he should probably just get a male dog or something for company. I'm actually really really thrilled (even though I do want at least one boy in the bunch!), and Will is too. My sisters and I are SO very close, and I'm already looking forward to the friendships that lie in store for my three little girls.
Katie and Julia were both with us, and they did really well. The tech was so nice, letting them sit up on the table with me. Julia kept asking if the lady was hurting me, not really because she was worried, just curious. =) And then she wanted to know if I was going to take a nap with my "comfy pillow"! Katie handled the news of it being a girl like a champ. No complaints or tears, she was very matter of fact about the whole thing - as if to say, "I guess what's done is done". She's been telling everyone, "That's my baby sister in there.", no excitement or smiles - just stating the facts of the situation. =) The cutest part was how amazed they were that the "special camera" could see inside my belly. They both would look at the monitor where they could see the baby, and then stare at my belly saying, "But I can't see in there!"
Even though this is my third time doing this, it still leaves me speechless. I laid on the table watching her kick around, take a big yawn, and even get the hiccups and just couldn't believe what I was seeing. We were looking at her heart beat, able to see all four chambers working just as they should, and I just turned to Will with tears in my eyes. She's really ours, and she will be here before we know it. There's not a day that goes by that I don't thank God for this gift - the gift of her life, the gift that so far she is healthy and strong. I'm just so amazed that she is really inside of me, active and living, growing and turning into the little person she was made to be. I'm so grateful!
5 comments:
One of the penalties of being a late sleeper is that you let Beepa be the first commenter....
Oh Yaayyyyy! You don't need more proof of the "Good things..", but your Mom and her two sisters laughing and relaxing together this weekend was a sign of the future for Katie, Julia, and "???". Girls have more fun, even after almost 50 years of being sisters.
So exciting!
haha, when i first read "good things come in threes" i though, "there is NO WAY she's having triplets!!!??" ;)
So happy for you guys =)
anna l.
*Tear* of happiness! God is so good. :)
Already love Rexette.
Aww!! Congrats!!
You guys' family is going to turn out to be like grommy's, ours, and yours: a buncha girls and one (or two =]) boys!! That's my official prediction.
=] madeline
Oh yeah, and even if u do have a boy, get the dog!! =] no family is complete without one.
Post a Comment