Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Some Updates

a couple of things to report...


1.  Katie has been doing MUCH better during her room time.  She now takes much joy in telling me, "Look, mom - there's no mess at all this time!"

2.  Julia's potty training has been put on hold.  The child simply could not have cared less when her pants were wet.  I've never seen anything like it!  I think we might wait till spring...  =)

3.  Many of you may have heard, but I had the joy of helping my best friend, Rakel, deliver her sweet new baby girl on Monday.  Rakel's mom wasn't in town yet, so I was called to fill in!  What an amazing experience that was!!!  Seeing a new life come into this world brought me to tears -- and I even got to cut the umbilical cord!  Baby Brooklyn and I are bonded for life now!  Rakel did SUCH a wonderful job, and the labor went extremely fast - much like my labor with Julia.  

I tried to tell Katie that Baby Brooklyn is coming home today, but she kept asserting, "But mom!  Auntie Kel hasn't pushed her out yet!!"
~~~~
Other than that, Christmas is only a few weeks away.... and I'm off to do some more shopping!

4 comments:

Lindsey Knott said...

I wish I could have been there too :( Tell Rakel I said congrats and send me her blog link so I can see the little one.

BeepaandGiGi said...

A couple of comments: 1. Katie's rebellious stage was a bit brief don't you think? 2. Sounds like Julia will always be in charge of her own destiny. 3. Kudos to Rakel. Having Sena there to hold your hand is guaranteed to make any day go better.

BeepaandGiGi said...

This is from Gram. The previous message was from Gramp.
WOW!!! What a magical experience it must have been for you to actually witness the birth of Brooklyn. Rakel & the baby are so so very lucky to have such a wonderful,"special friend" in you Sena!

Momma said...

~laughing~ at points one and two of Beepa's comment. :)