Sadly, this is the only picture I took from New Attitude - this is from breakfast on Saturday morning, after driving straight through the night! We were SO exhausted! Bottom row - left to right is Kristen Boisvert (Rakel's sister-in-law), me, and my mom. Top row is Mary (Rakel's mom), and of course - my bff - Rakel. =)
I don't even really know how to blog about our experience. It was so nice to spend extended time away with my mom and friends. I have been telling all who have asked me that I feel so grateful and blessed for the opportunity. I know so many moms *especially those with young kids* don't get chances to go away and be refreshed. That's exactly what Na was for me - refreshing. Not really physically - I was actually so completely exhausted when we got home! We were going pretty non-stop. But spiritually, I was definitely refreshed. I got fresh vision and conviction on the importance of God's word, I was inspired to commit more Scripture to memory. I was definitely blessed with undistracted times during worship and teaching. Over all, it was just great!
On Monday, just a day before we came home - I got a call from Devon (my sister who took the girls for an overnight) because Julia was not sleeping. She had evidently been screaming for and hour plus and Devon didn't know what to do. For those of you who know me, you know very well that I don't let a crying baby bother me too much. But I lost it! I was crying when I hung up the phone, upset that I couldn't be there for her when I felt like she needed me. So, as much as I enjoyed our trip, I was definitely very grateful to be home with my husband and girlies again.
God was good. And I'd definitely love to go and serve there again. We all served as ushers, which meant we didn't have to pay the registration fee (a hefty $175). This meant we got to each session early so we could greet people and answer questions about where the bathrooms and water fountains were. Then we just had to stay after the evening session to pick up trash.
We all felt like we weren't doing very much at all for the opportunity to be there.
So, Lord willing, we'll be back next year!
We'll see if it ends up being a yearly tradition...
3 comments:
I'm glad you had a great time! I'm so sorry about poor Juju! Has she been on a lot of antibiotics? If so, you may want to talk to her doctor about getting some probiotics into her diet - that may help with the diarrhea. If you have any questions, let me know! Love ya!
Hi Sena! I found your blog through someone else's site :)
It's good to "see" you! Hope you guys are doing well!
-Erin
Sena,
We love the updates- keep them coming even though it must be difficult to find the time in your busy day. We hope the docs will find the answer to Julia's sore bottom soon. We're looking forward to being with all of you next weekend!!!! Love, Beepa 'n GiGi
Post a Comment